Thread: First ride out
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2023, 05:22 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I'ed be really reluctant to ride ANY bike when the temperatures are under 35~40 degrees.... as cold spots can be below freezing and if you hit a patch of black ice you will go down !....
the vibration might be from a flat spot on the tire...in extremally cold weather it takes a while for the tires to be Round again.... on a bike that is really noticeable in cars not so much but it does happen to them as well.
give that bike a good wax job and the road dirt will come right off with a garden hose !
riding 25 miles one way in that kind of cold is mean.... I hope you have good warm riding gear !
.... essentials in cold weather riding to me are ... a black lava neck protector
gauntlet gloves riding pants that stop wind and rain (over pants) heavy boots and wool hunting socks and last but not least a good waterproof winter riding jacket. a clear face shield and a tinted one ...winter days can get so bright sometimes you cannot see the road, time for the tinted face shield then.
....a thermos of hot coffee for when you arrive to warm your core ! and start your disrobing routine ! it makes it almost bearable. but the car is alot warmer for this old man now !!!!
Bob......