View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2023, 05:11 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I took a picture of my hip next to the seat and the seat top where you set comes up to my POCKET KNIFE ! (it clips to my pocket!...on the top edge!)
so the seat height is just under my belt..... LOL that is insane !
I have got on it once and the only way I can touch the ground is with the seat on my right thy.... if my butt is on the seat I can only touch with my one leg on my tippy toes ! unbelievable ! I have to lower this thing 7" .....but I have a plan ! a store bought lowering kit ain't going to cut it.... I'll have to make one
.... I did that on my last XR650L that melted in the ranch fire....so I guess I can do that again ! but I am going to wait for better weather !!!
it's funny every one else rides these things without lowering them ! but Not me!
things I need for this Big red bush pig.....
hand guards...
bigger, wider foot pegs....
mirrors.... probably the break away type their ugly as hell but I will be dropping this thing alot I am sure !
Maybe a bright LED head light.
handle bar risers (the kind that pivot so I can make them clear the front fork tubes that will stick up a long way...(3~4"))
probably need a new front sprocket as it is more than likely stock and a thin one... and that is hard on the splines on the output shaft
and it is 15 T.... I want a 13T or 14T .... that will Kill my top end speed really bad but I want to make the front end come up by blipping the throttle !
this will be a long project I can tell already LOL
....I need to fix that front tire too....it's flat ! (the valve core leaked I think)
he said "it had air in it when I parked it !" LOL
some "gorilla snot" should fix it !
This will be my Play bike.... the Triumph and Ninja are too pirty to scratch up but this thing will take a beating !(probably alot more than I will ! HAHAHAHA
Bob......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stockseatheight01.jpg (114.3 KB, 1 views)

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; March 14th, 2023 at 01:06 AM.
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote