View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2023, 10:17 AM   #18
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

A Jump feature ? that's really weird !
I planned on getting a lithium battery and doing a battery eliminator/move to the air box mod to lighten up the bike more but I'm thinking that making it all that much lighter isn't going to be necessary.... any bike can always benefit from weight reduction...don't get me wrong, but this bike is under the stock weight already by a few pounds I think and I'm adding about enough to bring it back to stock weight of about 325 lbs (DRY) just moving it around it is so much easier than the RX4 was it's not even funny but it's so High it's ungainly !
I'll take it down 2" first ... but I don't think that will be anywhere near enough for my short butt ! it needs to be at the Ninja's seat height ! LOL
in riding condition it's going to push 400lbs of that I am sure but the RX4 in riding condition was pushing 525 to 559lbs !
so this bike is 150lbs lighter from the get go and that should make a world of difference to me out riding !

that new battery also has a time in use number on that LCD screen which is also cool so when 3 or 4 years down the road I can poke the button and read just how many hours are actually on it ! personally I will be surprised if it lasts 2 years...(it's a walmart battery and they are not known in my book for good motorcycle batteries!)
it should at least do that but after that I want to get a super light battery ...this thing weighs 6 lbs. by itself !!!!
by then I'll probably need new sprockets and chain....
I did order 2 new primary sprockets last night...wider ones... a 13T and a 14T ..... that will gear down the Bush hog really far but should mean I can wheelie at the twist of the throttle and that is what I want....
I haven't done a wheel stand turn in years but I used to do it quite often to turn around on single track trails ! doing that with a 300lb bike will no doubt be a challenge ! HAHAHAH
it got super cold last night in the teens here ! but it is slowly warming up
I think we will be lucky to see 50 degrees today seeing how cold it was last night a 50 degree span in tempiture is rare but it seems to happen here alot
maybe I can get the battery in today and see if it will start.... I need to change out the gas first though I can't forget that the gas is 2 years old !
.... it's got about 2 gallons in it and I was wondering if I just filled the 4 gallon tank would that be enough good gas to make it run or not....
I don't know about that... I've always just dumped old gas as being useless
but I could very easily just put in More gas and dilute the old stuff and be good to go.... but if not I would waste more gas....
has anyone ever done that and got away with it ?
I did on a tractor one time... it ran real poorly for a month or so till I filled the tank again ( I thought something else was wrong with it !) I put in new gas and it started running alot better.....
...... I think that tells me just dump the old stuff ! LOL

I need to get the Ninja running and back together and out of the shop so I don't have to work in the COLD ! it's still cold in the shop but not near as cold as outside !!!!

Bob.....

!