View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2023, 04:20 PM   #28
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I just took the XR650L for a quick run to see how she's running....
man acceleration is really hard ! and even with the 13 tooth sprocket on the front I will have no problem cruising at 60 mph....
it does feel a little lean, the odd back fire when decelerating a long time.
oddly enough with just the 2" drop from the lower link change and cutting the seat down
I can actually flat foot it ....barely but I can.
I cut the side stand down the other day and re welded a larger foot on the end of it and
I really wish I had cut it down more now it sets about what it did stock right now so when I lower the front I will probably have to cut down the side stand more.
I find this bike really surprising as my last XR650L was not this powerful this thing has all kinds of power.... I hit the throttle just right and got the front wheel off the ground
on my first ride.... but I had to hit it just right....
it was quite cold on the ride so I cut it short to just up the block around the corner and up the road a bit and then back home....
.... the clutch seems to be fairly tight I may adjust that a bit more, both brakes work good... when I stop at a stop sign I am using the ball of my right foot to touch the ground.... so it's fairly tall for me still....
seems to handle real good being so light I really like that ! and the thump thump thump of that big cylinder is a joy to feel ! I think I found the bike I want to ride most of the time ! it won't get me any where fast but it will get there , I have the Triumph and Ninja if I want to go fast !
this is one Cool machine !
Bob.......