View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #1
blackninja18
ninjette.org member

Name: Suhail

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Wiring LED strips as brake lights, turn signals, and "day-time lights"

Ok, before i start, lemme bring this to everyones attention..I DID try looking around and searching the site and didnt get much luck with what i wanted to do..so therefore I started this thread seeking help and opinions.

Ive been planning on doing this since i got the bike over a month ago and ive actually tried looking at different ways of doing this. I finally decided to go with actual LED strips instead of drilling multiple holes for ear little LED.

What i want to do is have a total of 6 led strips (30cm each) running down the rear end of the bike under the tail. 2 red ones connected to the brake light working as additional brakes, 2 yellow ones working as turn signals (im currently working on a fender chop which involves removal of rear turn signals) and 2 white LED's running as day-time lights connected to the other leds on a bike which i plan to connect to a separate switch so i can easily turn them on/off.

I need help because i only want the red LED's to go off when the brake is pressed, and the yellow to BLINK when the turn signal is indicated, and the white to work only when it is turned on from a separate switch which i plan on mounting to the side of the bike on the frame.

So far, i have purchased all of the leds (12):
2 red
2 yellow
8 white. (2 for under the tail and 6 for various other places on the bike)
Ive got wire strippers and various other tools for wiring. WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED? And how would i go about doing this mod? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys.
blackninja18 is offline   Reply With Quote