View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:08 PM   #36
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Okay then............ Well.......

As far as what I do with the diaphragm freezer trick goes is sometimes during reassembling the diaphragm just refuses to cooperate, they sometimes won't sit in the groove, too pliable etc.... So I pop them into the freezer overnight, and this solves the problem, for me anyway. I have never had any issues with pinched diaphragm etc, and possibly damaging one, damn things are expensive.... And I recommend this trick for the beginner carburetor person.

I have also used the crazy glue trick as well on the bowl non OEM round O-rings, just a few single dots in the corner grooves, as it's not actually not inside the bowl, and I don't have to fight with the Damn things, make my life easier. Yes you can buy the OEM pre-formed bowl O-rings then you have no need for the glue.

This is just another use for crazy glue, Damn stuff has a million uses, now a million and one.

P.S. I'm not taking side I'm just sharing my own knowledge, and practices, do whatever you wish. What works for me, may, or may not work for you.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.