View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2016, 10:00 PM   #15
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

It's been a little while since the last update. New update, I definitely feel like this year of riding with CSS and EvolveGT has improved my riding dramatically.

________
Pitt Race with EvolveGT

Takeaway: The updated body/foot position to hang off less works. Clutchless shifting also helps keep the bike settled.

After CSS, I did two days at Pitt Race (first time) where I was able to get more comfortable with prepositioning. The flowing back section of the track also helped build up my confidence, and I was finally able to confidently get my knee down without worrying about my toes!

It was also super cool to get a tow from KTM cup champion Brandon Paasch. He was fast on a 250. It was also really cool doing some lead/follow with a new friend on a liter bike. Talk about cool and disheartening to get passed by a liter bike doing a wheelie. Haha.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Takeaway: I'm still giving up a lot of momentum/drive in a ton of corners. Have to work on being more aggressive on the throttle.

Still, the best was yet to come with this past weekend at NCBike with EvolveGT. It was my first time there, and I really enjoyed the track. Wished they'd have more than one shower though. Haha. The long constant radius turns proved to be the perfect practice grounds for playing with my body position. The prepositioning, the right-hander clutchless downshifts, and the knee position just all clicked. It was two perfect days of riding. The changes to my riding position completely revamped my riding style. I was confident in using my knee as a lean angle gauge, and didn't have to worry at all about dragging my feet or pegs.

I felt solid running at the course, though I definitely recognized that I was giving up a ton of drive in certain corners. I just need to get myself to commit. The S20evos have great grip that I should just trust. Ran a 1:45 while getting towed around.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Also, finally got a cool photo. Poseur status. Still need to work on getting my head lower and to the outside more, but it's a work in progress.

_________

What's Next:

1) Maybe NCBike to close out the year, depending on the weather.
2) Try out tire warmers. I picked up a set of MJMotoGear warmers. I'm debating trying out CCS or the local trackday race series next season, and wanted to play around with warmers while at a trackday. I was going to wait a bit to get faster, but everyone just kept telling me that the fastest way to get faster is to just jump in.
3) Winter paintjob for the bike! I'm debating between pearl white/day glo orange and black/lime rock green.

Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.