View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #10
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
The best way to do this safely is to find a qualified instructor to help you get there, you can do it on your own but there will likely be some crashes in there. To improve from where you are now is where the risk starts going up and up the closer you get to the limit the smaller the margin of error so it's best to have someone to point out the small errors that you're making to help you fix them to be faster and safer at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Go to a racing school!
^ This ^
just riding the track with highly qualified instructors will help you tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBazz View Post
I am in a similar position. I know my corner entry speed can come way up, and I keep increasing my pace once my tires are warm. However I am not sure if I will get any feedback or warning signs to back off before an off.

I have already had one off with no warning (that I noticed) on another bike and learned to warm up the rubber before getting greedy.

A few friends tell me that a school is the best bang for the buck investment for improvement and confidence in high speed riding.
for you I'd recommend TPM's art level II with mark at njmp, I'll be taking it again early next season and it's a huge help
that and ycrs if you have the cash, I'll be doing css level 1 (maybe 2 as well) too at njmp next season

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.