View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2015, 04:59 AM   #23
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

More great information! Just what I am looking for. Keep it comming!

Siref: I wish I could join you for all the training/scooling you will be getting next season. I have wanted to go for a few years now but life prevents what we want with what we should/need to do! I have been getting some feed back from the tires I just have not figured out what it means.

I have experienced the heavy feel of the front when not on the throttle thru a turn and I have ridden in the dirt for many years so I know how that feels when the rear is sliding or spinning. I just have not experienced enough on the track to understand what my tires are telling me. It is beginning to look like the only way to learn what the tires do at near the edge of traction is to go there and take a picture!

Cbinker: Could not agree more with what you said. I feel the same way. I will never be the winner of a race (unless the rest of the field is all beginners) but I can make it home safe from every ride with a big smile on my face!

Motofool: As I said in the reply to Siref, I fully intend to attend a school as soon as I am able. I thank you again for the last article and I watch Twist 2 all the time at work and before every track day. I drive my wife crazy because I constantly aske her Once the throttle is opened??? and she has to recite the rest of the quote back to me!

Csmith12: Chris, I have spoke with you in length multiple times and I deliberately stayed close to you during the track walk just to pick your brain and hear everything you said about the track and lines! You have given me loads of great advice and helped me get faster.

Alex S. My consistency is 7 out of 10. I am still new and working on this along with multiple other things. Everything is not automatic yet but if I concentrate I can run a fairly consistent lap. I do well hitting all the marks (the X's they put on the track) and my lines are pretty good but entry speed and brakeing is not as strong. Also my Smoothness on control inputs is being improved but far from perfect.

I have been slowly adding speed with more laps. My biggest problem with this is that I am not entering the same turn at the same speed to begin with so I am not sure where I am faster. My lap times have gotten faster but not every lap. I do not make many big mistakes just a bunch of smaller ones. Missed shifts, shift points, brake markers, turn in markers and being slightly off line cause less laps that I can practice rolling on the throttle and get close to the point where I get the feed back I dont yet understand. Just like everyone else--the more I rode on the track the smoother I got and the more often I felt the feed back and with all the other little mistakes I had made I did not want to push past a point I have not yet found!

There area few videos of Csmith12 and Adouglas following me around the track in the Ninjettes at speed section under "attention CT, NY, MA and RI Track riders" thread. Feel free to watch and pick my riding apart. I do not get offended and love feedback from people who know better than I. I have watched these video's and more I have and this is what has fueled me to improve my skills! Just know that the laps you will see were mostly on the first day and I did improve later in the day and the next day.

Thanks again to everyone. I love bikes and learning about riding better is the next best thing to riding better.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote