Old January 31st, 2017, 11:18 AM   #119
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
@SpeedCraft,

I do definitely rush the turn entry--but this is immediately followed by the feeling that I have slowed too much and need to increase speed. Since I don't have the proper mid corner reference points (recent discovery) I realize I have chosen a tighter line than intended so I adjust. I am still lost due to lack of reference and begin to set another line. Somewhere in this time frame I begin to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" and find the correct trajectory past the apex cone and im off! Not the way it should be done and I am looking to correct this next track ride! I think, with the help of you and several others, and by reviewing many of my riding videos, that I have a good idea of what I am doing wrong and how to correct the issue.
This is clearly tied into not having enough mid corner reference points (as you recently discovered) but it is also tied into not looking at them soon enough. Think about it like this, if you were certain of where you wanted to be mid corner BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY TURNED THE BIKE, how much more confident would you be at turn entry? How much more consistent would your entry speed be?

1st step will be finding good consistent mid corner reference points, either the apex or as discussed in blind apex corners something BEFORE to lead you to the apex.

step 2 is the timing of WHEN you look at those new mid corner reference points. What happens if you look for them too late? What happens if you look at them at the SAME time you turn the bike?

How might things be different if you looked at those RP's BEFORE You actually turned the bike?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote