View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 11:28 AM   #120
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
For additional reference, go back and watch the Palmer vids when we were on track.

Note your line
Note my line
Note Paul's.

13, 14, 15 section of the track was my favorite. If you can get a knee down in 15, you're movin pretty good.

Still don't see any potholes rough pavement at turn 5, but what you guys might consider rough may be slightly different than mine.
I have watched every video I can find more times than I can count! I need some time out on the track to work out the new perspective I have on this stuff. I think it all makes sense now but will have to "be there" before I know for sure. I do well thru 13, 14 and 15 and nearly touch my knee down thru there. I have made some changes to assure I can use full throttle this next season and I have been continuing my work out routine so I will be more physically able to cope with the loads your body has to deal with at speed. I really feel I have my brain wrapped around this issue and that I will be ready when I got back out there. My bike will be set up better and my body will be better able to work with the improved bike. My mental condition will have to adapt to the new "program" that I am trying to upload into it right now. Should all these things come together and work as planned I should be in a good place and have a great season on the track this next year! After all the reason we do this is to have fun right!?!

Chris,
Definition of rough pavement is: Not smooth! The cars have torn up the tar in the later part of the #5 turn. There are no actual holes there but about every 3rd stone has been torn out of the pavement there causing an extremely rough section, limiting traction. Since that turn was already known as "HighSide hill", the even lower traction there calls for alternate line selection. Should you think of regular smooth pavement like 200 grit sand paper that section is now like 80 or 60 grit. Still flat but with bigger gaps between the "grit"! Really hard to see at speed on video but very obvious when your head is low when at full lean! As always Thanks for your help!
I would not even be at the pathetic level I am at now without your help.

Ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.