View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #140
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Name: Nein

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r se

I low-sided to find the edge. With the stock road winners i have about a 1/2 inch strip on the edge of the tires. tiny little area i could probably press into but that area gets spooky on the road. I'm not dilusional enough to think i am a superbike track star on our canadian roads but every day i ride i push it i to corners at the edge of its traction. Suspension, tires, tire pressure, suspension condition are big things though, the more abuse we put on those things the less the bike will stay sticking. I dont baby my bike and im starting to feel it now... time for a new rear shock and a new set of sticky buns. how people ride into corners is huuuuge though common mistake is folks ripping into a corner way way to hot and having to use the breaks which is a terrible effing idea. The little 250 is a rocket into corners i ride twisty old logging roads where folks who have larger bikes have a hard time keeping up because power doesnt mean fast. in that scenario its about technical riding. anyone can go strait line fast but it takes planning and experience to know where to be when and i swear on a stack of bibles the only way most people learn is to low side it.

all one can do is have the bike set up well, then press through the optimal line faster and faster until.they feel it shake.