View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #33
kkim

Kerry,

Thanks for the encouragement to experiment. Once I get it installed, I'll be able to tell how I want to play with it, if at all.

The thought came from modifying my dirt bike stock muffler. Removing the stock baffle yielded an exhaust that was too loud for my taste and reinserting the baffle proved too much of a restriction and "choked" the bike. The solution was to drill some additional holes in the baffle to reduce the back pressure and end up with a bit freer flowing stock exhaust, but not too loud for my tastes. I admit the jetting needed to be tweaked a bit more than what the normal solutions called for, but the result has yielded a bike with increased power over stock w/o the annoying, neighbor disturbing sound level an uncapped exhaust brings.

I hope I can come to the same sort of solution using the end cap you've provided. I really like the quiet core muffler, but at times wish it was a tad quieter. (I'm sure it's age related ) The end cap will hopefully allow me to tune the sound vs power level to perfection for me.

mahalo for "sponsoring" me the parts to experiment.

On an unrelated note, I know I'm only one of your many, many customers, but if I can ever be of help to you on a professional or non professional level, please do not hesitate to ask.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote