View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Larger rotor with Brembo 4 pot caliper

So i finally got around to finishing my prototype mounting bracket for this setup.

As it mounted up today it is 100% functional but i will make some very very minute adjustments. Like moving one of the bolt holes 0.02" and decreasing thickness where caliper attaches by about 0.05" and that should give me a little bit more buffer space if it is ever needed.

Doesn't look like much yet but, @Bigballsofpaint has agreed to CNC up a bracket for me. Once i get the first one back and verify that everything is as it should be if he chooses to and can, he could keep making them and it would be very easy for someone to replicate this set up. Buy used 4 pot brembo, make sure it has the further apart bolt spacing i think it is 65mm? whatever, look at pics and get the one that has them further apart. Buy larger Chinese rotor

Here is pic of bracket and a link to the rotor on ebay. Only thing with rotor is contact the seller to try and verify what you get. There are a few sellers on Ebay. For the place i got mine the original ad said you get 2 rotors but i only got 1 and i got some mounting bracket with it that was useless. I contacted them about it and they said i got the right package and they would change their ad

Rotor is Ara Shi 320mm, it looks very solid and well made but have not put it through paces yet

sorry for bad pic, my cell phone camera is cracked and takes terrible pictures and i broke our digital camera yesterday

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151239856301...84.m1497.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100MEDIA_IMAG0566.jpg (34.5 KB, 123 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.