View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #25
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
You can make a killing if its a better price then this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-NIN...-/271218973225
yeah, looking at prices like this is why I decided to make my own, then figured i might as well try and make it look decent as well and that is were Jay comes in.

That bracket is also for the 40mm spacing caliper and I think a stock sized rotor. The caliper I have is 65mm...ish and the rotor is larger I think place I bought it from says 320mm but I should measure to confirm.

The rotor I bought actually came with some adapter bracket but it was clearly not designed for rotor it came with or designed very poorly. The hole spacing was right for the brembo 65mm caliper but the angles/distance form center rotor was all screwy and would have provided little to no bite.

I didn't even know the rotor I bought was supposed to come with the bracket? I was surprised when I found it and excited that it might work.... clearly it did not.

I do like how that ebay bracket is designed. I guess that is an option I didn't consider and would be more plug and play than my design but not by much. Would look a little bit cleaner as well as nothing is bolting on top of fork caliper mount, it would be under just like the OEM.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote