View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM   #26
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
Well thanks for helping your fellow ninja owners out. Any one want to take a crack at the numbers I have no idea the place to start.
I prefer to work with the pieces as sometimes it might highlight a problem you originally didn't think of. Draw back is you may not consider other options, like mentioned in previous post. I would never considered that option working with what I had as it was not possible to make a prototype like that.

get some parts, caliper & rotor if going larger, get the materials to make a bracket. I used a piece of T6 I had laying around and make some prototype quick with some rough measurements see how bad or good it is, then make some more thoughtout changes to the 1st gen prototype and you should be able to get a final one by the 3rd gen. If you have a little bit of time to devote and decent tools it could be done pretty quickly. Drill press, band saw, bench grinder are key. I had none of thee above Cordless drill, hacksaw, a round file, and a flat file and lots of elbow grease

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote