View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2022, 04:11 AM   #17
MikeCL
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): ‘04 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
You should figure out how you would get a usable fuel tank. They're not easy to come by, and that one would take some work by someone who is experienced in repairing thin steel tanks. There's a dented but apparently usable one on eBay now for $200.

Reupholstering the seat won't be cheap, but there's one that looks OK on eBay for $55.

It'll need tires, just because of their age, so another couple hundred there.

As a wild guess, $150, give or take, for restoring the carbs.

In NC, a bonded title cost me $100 plus the usual title DMV fees. I don't know what what cost will be for you if you go the Vermont title route, but I can't imagine the total will be under $50.

So just from the obvious stuff, you're up to $950 so far, and assuming the frame isn't bent, you have to start assembling everything and diagnosing problems that have come up just from sitting around for many years.

I just trying to give you an idea of the real cost and labor involved. It may be worth it to you despite all this.
Yeah I definitely understand what you mean given I would be waiting awhile it would be in no rush I would assume the worst

*edit I ended up buying that tank not too sure about maybe a leak by the front mount means.

Wow.. I ordered the tank today and it should arrive tomorrow lol

Last futzed with by MikeCL; December 2nd, 2022 at 04:21 PM.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote