View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #1059
NinjaPunk
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tre'

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 205R

Just shimmed my needles (2 of the radio shack washers each) to go along with the snorkle delete and Leo Vince slip on....huge difference in performance.

In order of what I did in the last 4 days:

1. Installed Leo Vince slip on : Noticable performance gain...weight savings alone was nice. Got a bit more top end out of it.

2. Removed snorkle : That's when the lean-ness was noticleable...took much longer to warm up...had some flat spots...top end was suffering.

3. Shimmed 2 washers each needle : This maximized the two airflow mods...this morning it started up with no choke at all...pulls *much* stronger on the low end...pulls solid all the way to redline. I've not tested he top end yet but will probably tonight, but will no doubt run all the way to redline in 6th with no problem.

Next mod will be adding a tooth to the front sproket...the added power will make that a great mod for performance and highway mileage.

These instructions were great!...make sure to pick up either an offset screwdriver or in my case I had a long enough screw driver to easily get to the carb cap screws. Also have a long enough set of needle nose pliers to get the needles out.
NinjaPunk is offline   Reply With Quote