View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2019, 01:50 PM   #1
dear_omar
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Tail, license, gauge light circuit short? Fuse 4 blowing

2012, bought dropped, but everything working. done some front blinker work my self last summer, fenders too, but nothing recently that coincides with the gauges stopping(to my memory) any help would be appreciated.

My fuse #4 (tail light, plate light, gauge light) keeps blowing. I don’t KNOW but I’m pretty sure I have a short somewhere. My lights first went out about a month ago, (before I went into my tail section) I didn’t know they were same circuit as my tail light so as I’ve went in to put an eliminator on, I noticed no power. Checked the fuse and it was blown. I redid my wiring on the rear and even tried just removing them from the circuit entirely. And they keep blowing.

Are there any trouble spots I should check first before going through the entire harness?

Does anyone know about how much resistance I should be getting on the entire circuit? Or per section? is there a clever way to go at this?

I'm mostly mechanically inclinced but i've never been afraid to get into electrical. But my head is starting to spin and I don't know where my problem could be, or really how to narrow it down.
(to clarify, the gauges stopped working before I touched my tail section. My state does not require license lighting, so I may be able to remove that from the circuit as long as it doesn't remove too much resistance form the system...i think... right?)

any help much appreciated, thanks!
dear_omar is offline   Reply With Quote