View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #5
office
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Christian

Motorcycle(s): '04 Ninja 250R, WR400F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
I've been trying to get away from Bilt gear, since I'm at the point of being able to afford "nicer" stuff. But your review makes me want to go look at these pants. We seem to be about the same size (6'2" 175 and 33" waist), so these might be a good option for me.

Alex will be in here soon and just say "Stop Buying Bilt".
If you are used to nicer stuff from Dainese or Alpinestars, you might be disappointed. But for someone riding in jeans or cheap textile pants, they are a huge step up. I wouldn't make a sweeping generalization about Bilt-branded gear, since its just a label to rebrand 3rd party gear. Take a look at these yourself and decide if they work for you.

I had a pair of the BiLT waterproof gloves. They were downright awful (the liner made it impossible to easily remove them and they were almost impossible to get back on if your hands were sweaty) and they went back the next week.

For me, zippers are usually the biggest weak point (they can render a good jacket or a good sleeping bag useless). As with my Frank Thomas jacket, the zippers on the Trackstar pants are YKK (high quality).
office is offline   Reply With Quote