View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #6962
quarterkawa
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2004 EX250F

So yesterday was a beautiful day...I went for about an hour ride, and decided to change oil & filter and clean the air filter. I embarked on this little maintenance project at about 9:30 am. At 5 pm I was done. You see kiddies, I have only had this bike for about 2 months. When I went to remove the air filter, I realized it was gone. Not removed, gone. Apparently the PO didn't bother with it in years. Sooooo...I spent the day disassembling the bike so I could remove the airbox so that I could completely clean it out of old filter debris. Then the rest of the day was spent traveling around to various parts stores, cycle gear and dealerships in the Charleston area. Finally found one and got bike back together as a stated earlier at around 5.

And then today I talked my wife into her first ride ever. She hated it. She felt unsafe. She was fine with me and my riding, she was just worried about the other cars. At least my kids enjoy the rides. In the immortal words of Meatloaf, "Two out of three ain't bad."