Old February 10th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #10
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
Ugh, I'm so torn.

I've got a set amount of money to play with. Not enough to get a 300 now, but enough to really make my 250 nice. Here's the scoop:

I have a 2008 Black ninja, 5,000 miles, near mint condition except for a tiny scratch when I forgot to put the kickstand down, and eased her down on her side instead of getting a hernia holding her up.

I'm about to get her some Pirelli Diablo Rossi II's (about $280 mounted), a new nice exhaust (about $200), a Koso gauge set (about $400 with everything), and a custom paint job to make it candy lime green and black ($500 - $700).

Total to trick up my 250: between $1,380 to about $1,600.

If I sell the 250, I could probably get about $2,500 for her. Add the $1,600 to it, and I have $4,100. Not nearly enough for the 300, which will probably be about $6,500 out the door (I want the 2014 lime green SE with ABS. The normal 2014 300 is still about $6000 out the door, I believe, so not much difference).

I don't want any payments on the Ninja (really, it's more of a wife decision. What's another $80 a month I say. She just shakes her head.)

I'm so torn! Do I ride around on a 250 I'm not happy with for the summer while I save up here and there to get the 300, at which point it will most likely be around September/close to the end of the riding season?

Or do I trick out my 250 now, be happy with it, all the while knowing that the 300 is nicer and that now I won't be able to afford it??

Ugh!
End of the riding season, in Albuquerque... really?

Is there going to be a massive difference between the 250 & a 300? A little more power, it looks different, fair enough the ABS but with SS lines & a bit of practise you can emergency brake from ~90 mph to a stop in fairly short order. It's not like you get rain every 3rd day or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
Hmm. Intriguing suggestion. I can forgo the tires (they aren't totally worn yet, I just something stickier on her), I can forgo the paint (what's another summer of boring black if I have a light at the end of the tunnel), and I can forgo the gauges (even though my speedo doesn't work half the time).
So mint yeah... ignore the broken gauges
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote