View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2022, 12:45 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

And here I was thinking a hole in the piston myself, stuck rings usually, USUALLY ! don't cause that much of blow by to cause an oil dump out the breather pipe.... BUT....
Like Danno said a compression test is definitely needed !
only if we know that the compression is good can we go on to pin point other things.... we can guess till the cows come home like maybe when you hooked up the breather hoses you plugged them in wrong ???? LOL
I had a oil problem on a honda 50cc once it blew oil out the sprocket seal so bad that it used all the oil in a 2 mile ride.... the breather hose was pinched off completely ! fixed that, put more oil in it and pushed the seal back in under the sprocket and never had a problem after that ! LOL....
Breathers need to breathe!!!
Resist the temptation to leave the pipe off and just dangle as if it blows out oil it will cover the back tire..... My mother was crippled because of that !
oil on a back tire is bad news ! first corner they came too down they went!
all because I put in too much oil, it needed oil so I put in a quart !.... nobody told me it only needed a few ounces ! I was just a Kid ! LOL
I later found out it took about 7/8's of a quart to fill it from completely empty.... some times we learn things just a bit too late in life !
Bob......