View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:35 AM   #32
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
so i prob wired the bm taillight wrong, thought i did it right, johnthecrhon, you seem to know pretty much everything about the bm tail light, how did you set it up so you can run both the stock and integrated signals?
Don't mean to butt in, but I posted how I did my stock & integrated blinkers here:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=80
This setup hasn't given me any trouble in 5,000mi

Jon, I'm sure you've got a cleaner/more electrically correct way of doing it. Any chance BM changed the electrical setup on the light to not have the running red lights come on between amber blinks? Or, god forbid, perhaps a blown component within the light itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar250 View Post
No, this will not work as the problem is that the dash ind. bulb combines the L & R wires through the filament which, now that all 4 are LED's, conducts enough to power the unselected side. When all 4 were bulbs and took much more current that was not a factor as current would still flow to the unselected side but not enough to fire the bulbs. Yes the 2 diodes (or 1 dual diode module) is the only way to do it.
Not all flashers marked "electronic" will work correctly with LED's. Get an LED specific flasher.
Thanks for the clarification regarding flashers.
I agree that's how the stock flashers work (relying on a relatively high minimum current to light the incandescents and total resistance to keep the signal on just one side of the bike) but don't see how that specifically precludes another arrangement of diodes than the 'most common solution'. However on further thought, I agree that a diode per flasher probably wouldn't work as well, as that arrangement would cause the indicator lamp to be unpowered.