View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #140
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Having read TOTW2 in book too many times and watched the DVD around 100 times, the area of turing effectively while under WOT is skipped. Not quite sure why or maybe it's addressed in the "traction rider" section. Effectively though, these turns that we are taking at WOT or relatively near are by rider gut feel until someone says something different. I am sure Mr. Code can put some science and tech behind it, but it will boil down to tire grip, speed and the rider's ability to get it turned. Mostly in an area where I am weak at best, "steering with the rear". As much as I hate to say it.... I ride these corners by feel. Maybe @Misti can shed some light here where I cannot. Perhaps it's addressed in the CodeRace CSS school? Because to say it should never happen is just plain silly.
Are you asking about understanding "feel" in these wide open throttle corners or about getting it turned effectively? We talk about the rider's ability to get the bike turned in both the quick turn seminars and in the pivot steering seminars. Any time there is a WOT corner you need to have confidence in your ability to get it turned quickly and effectively. Can you clarify the question a little bit so I can fully understand and answer to it?

Thanks
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote