CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Alex,

Thanks for at least considering the idea. I know your feelings on frivolously adding forums, but this is an area that I don't see addressed in the current forums we have. With so many first time riders on this site, I just felt a forum such as this could increase the rider knowledge base to steepen the learning curve to help avoid common mistakes which often happen during those critical first few months of riding.

I was hoping for suggestions as to how to make the forum more encompassing, but still pertain to rider education, riding basics mechanics, riding philosophy, etc. Perhaps "Rider Technique" is not the right name for what I'm suggesting. I know you're pretty good at targeting wording for forum descriptions.

And I fully agree it would be quite difficult to sort what should be in the forum or not looking at how threads are started in the general section.

My idea was to have a forum for direct questions when someone wanted to know, for example, when to use the rear brake. There are so many different opinions on a subject as simple as that, but yet, the info would be there for anyone looking for opinions on how best to utilize it.

I'm hoping (most likely wrong) that people could refrain from being insulted and a true exchange of ideas could occur for the betterment of the general forum membership looking to increase their skill level to help make them a better rider. Isn't that something we all should be striving for?
I can't hold my tongue for that long!