Thread: Cops!
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #9
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

In NYC the LEO's will pull you over for anything. They target bikes here like it's noone's business.

To give you a quick stat of what I mean:

When i was in the cage prior to the bike, I got pulled over about 3 times in a span of about 5-7 years. 1 of those was a LEO being a prick and trying to get his ticket's in. I did many stupid things in the cage including going 120-140mph in a damn 92 camry (best car ever!). Pulled over once for going 75 in a 65 (that's what he clocked me at, I was doing 95 right before I hit the brakes!).

On the Ninjette, which I have only been riding since January of this year, I have been pulled over about 7 times already! About 3 with groups, and the rest solo. I have a driving without insurance ticket, changed from textile to mesh jacket and changed wallet's so it was not on me. I have 2 verbal warning, one was warranted. The rest were just being pricks and checking for stolen bikes and anything out of DOT spec with the bike. Luckily, my bike is mostly stock with only aftermarket LED short stalk lights.

But F*** it, **** happens and the bike will continue to be ridden
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote