View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2019, 08:48 AM   #6
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I didn't even think of taking pics. There wasn't anything that really stood out to me enough. I did really like the new Kawasaki z400, but no pics.

There were a few good vendors. I didn't really have high expectations after looking at the list online. Mostly Harley/cruiser related stuff.

I really enjoyed talking to Todd McNabney from Heroic Racing Apparel. I'm such a gear wh**e that I'll most likely end up buying a kevlar hoody from him. It is soooo comfortable, has armor in all the usual spots, and good amount of inner pockets (including one that can fit a Glock 19). I also fell in love with the gauntlet gloves he sells, but alas, he did not have them at the show in my size. I guess that was a good thing, cuz if he had, I would have spent the money on them. After finding out the price later in the day and thinking about it, $300 seemed like way too much for me Granted, the only other brand I could find that had the same features charges $400 or more, still not at my price point at the moment.

I watched people that were taking the Total Control beginner class they had going on. It was set up in a tiny area and they were just going around in a loop for quite some time, so I didn't watch long.

I also got to hear lots of excuses from a regional manager at Cycle Gear as to the lack of selection on women's gear in the store nearby.

It was fun for a couple hours, but nothing spectacular. I guess I was hoping for more.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote