Old January 30th, 2019, 11:52 AM   #7
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I didn't even think of taking pics. There wasn't anything that really stood out to me enough. I did really like the new Kawasaki z400, but no pics.

There were a few good vendors. I didn't really have high expectations after looking at the list online. Mostly Harley/cruiser related stuff.

I really enjoyed talking to Todd McNabney from Heroic Racing Apparel. I'm such a gear wh**e that I'll most likely end up buying a kevlar hoody from him. It is soooo comfortable, has armor in all the usual spots, and good amount of inner pockets (including one that can fit a Glock 19). I also fell in love with the gauntlet gloves he sells, but alas, he did not have them at the show in my size. I guess that was a good thing, cuz if he had, I would have spent the money on them. After finding out the price later in the day and thinking about it, $300 seemed like way too much for me Granted, the only other brand I could find that had the same features charges $400 or more, still not at my price point at the moment.

I watched people that were taking the Total Control beginner class they had going on. It was set up in a tiny area and they were just going around in a loop for quite some time, so I didn't watch long.

I also got to hear lots of excuses from a regional manager at Cycle Gear as to the lack of selection on women's gear in the store nearby.

It was fun for a couple hours, but nothing spectacular. I guess I was hoping for more.
Sounds like most of the past shows, but I still like going, and I will take lots of pics, always do.

Planning on going Saturday and right now the weather forecast is for rain, so a good way to spend a rainy day.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote