View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM   #24
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
although i dont know if id ever get something so touring oriented, plus i hate saddle bags. That suspension feature is really nice, i would like that on the n1k for sure, the rest no big deal. Nice bike though, the beamer crowd have their own little world is seems.
What is "so touring oriented" about this bike? If you look on BMWs website they have this bike listed right next to the s1000rr under sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
Very nice choice man...I love the BMW sport and sport touring bikes. How does it ride in comparison to other bikes? Is it heavy through the corners? How's the power delivery?
Compared to the n1k, it is heavier but only at slower speeds. The power delivery honestly feels the same as the n1k but then again I haven't gone wot and probably never will. Power band starts at 3.5k. This bike is solid through turns, really amazing. I would feel 100% comfortable learning how to drag knee on this bike.

It is tougher to tip in to corners. I think it has a less severe rake than the n1k and the handlebars are lower down but this bike feels way more stable at speed. I shook the bars at highway speeds and the Beamer didn't get upset at all. The n1k hated that, I was considering getting damper for it before I crashed
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote