View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2023, 07:49 PM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, a few weeks has passed and it's been trying to snow here for the last week and it's just been too cold to go outside so I haven't !
I did get the valves all done torqued down the cams, checked the valve lash
and found they were all in tolerance so I put the valve cover back on it and
left it at that... all I have to do now is re assemble the little monster !
the carbs that Gordon rebuilt for me and fixed are still sitting on the work bench, but they will go back on sometime soon, but I will refrain on putting gas to them till I am ready to ride it. I know me, it could be 3 months of sitting
before that happens !
We have had a bunch or rain here....which is good as we were in a sivier drought but that seems to have been done away with in the last 3 weeks
.... I have 3 tons of wood pellets outside and have them covered with a big tarp that is doubled.... and I discovered that ALL the pellet bags are soaking wet.... NOT GOOD! it seams that big expensive tarp I bought only lasted
2 years out in the weather ! so I went and bought another tarp to put over the tarp out there is a last ditch effort to keep my wood supply dry....
I have several bags of pellets that are wet and swelled up and are nothing but sawdust inside.... that cannot be burned in the pellet stove i think it's time for a more permanent solution to wood pellet storage !
at close to $2000.00 for the winter's heat I can't afford to have them getting wet... not to mention bringing the bags inside when they are dripping wet
leaves the kid and I soaking wet from head to toe....
come on summer,... I've had enough winter already !

Bob......