View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #28
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwhiteii View Post
I was just there today to drop some other parts off. We talked about a full carbon tank protector but they dont like the idea of mounting it with double sided tape and if it adds bulk to the lines of the bike.
I don't think customers would mind using an adhesive spray.

Quote:
They have a prototype of the stator cover that works for both the 250R & 300. I am getting one when it comes in.
Great news! I hope they offer a bundle discount with the clutch cover. Would love it if it also fit the 1988-2007 stator cover. I know the clutch side has the same bolt pattern and my idea was to use both to hide existing damage, avoid painting the engine, and update the look to look like the newer generations.

Quote:
The less gloss option I will ask them about. What I did on one of my carbon fiber fenders from my 250R was sand off the gloss and it gave the fender a matte finish.
Just what I needed to know! Thanks. Pics? How well did yours turn out? Should I be worried about marring the CF if I sand too much?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote