View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #18
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Thanks, I'll check them out and post a review. Extra fees for military is a pet peeve of mine, not only because I have an APO address, but in general for treatment of our soldiers. APO/FPO is a domestic US address, with a domestic zip code and - for the shipper's purposes - a domestic delivery point. It is the military that handles the shipping from there. So why the extra fees? Where is the love? :P
Exactlly! It's all about companies using Fed Ex because they will pick up their boxes at their location so no one has to drive to the post office to ship something out even though the USPS does offer easy service by being able to print shipping labels out of your office. The companies I have talked to that don't offer shipping to FPO/APO's anymore is due to complaints about customers not receiving their goods. Answer to that is mandatory Priority shipping only offered. Both parties win. The USPS also offers special flat rate boxes that ship to FPO/APO addresses only that are cheaper than normal prices. If your local post office doesn't have any of theses boxes and you request them, then they have to order them for you. No excuses.
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote