Thread: Go fast goodies
View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2019, 01:28 PM   #38
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
In order to have the O2 sensor it would cost be over $700. I don’t have access to a dyno within 100 miles that I would trust.
Without having the ability to read the A/F mixture I’d be guessing on tuning

It sounds like you live in a highly populated area, which likely increases your access to quality tuners nearby.

I’d have better luck “tuning” a hunting dog than a motorcycle around here.
How does lack of O2 change tuning by piggyback? You still have zero idea which way to adjust without AFR data using piggyback OR reprogramming ECU tables. AEM wideband is less than $200. Even better is TechEdge wideband with on-board digital datalogging for about $150 (no laptop needed). More precise and safer too because you're not staring at tiny AFR gauge while going down road at WOT in top gear.

One of main issues with piggybacks and skewing input signals is you can't adjust fuel and ignition separately. Any adjustments made changes fuel AND ignition simultaneously because it shifts look-up point on all tables.

I started out with PC-III then PC-V with ignition-module on my CBR600RR over 15-yrs ago. Then tried Bazzaz for a year before going with fully programmmable ECU. It's much, much better having as few layers as possible and being able to program underlying ECU maps directly.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; December 27th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote