View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #138
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
I got a professional flow rate test done on the original kawasaki fuel injectors. I went to R/C Engineering in Southern California. The correct flow rate is 200cc hope this helps you, seen that you and I are the only ones with the original kawi throttle bodies.
It's good to hear that you've got your hands on an OEM throttlebody. It's a great way to start your project.

I'm pretty thrilled that my estimate was that close (210 vs 200cc/min) to the actual flow rate of these injectors (if the pro test was at 42psi, that is). I didn't have a professional test done, instead I did the "garage estimate" where you put the ECU into a test mode that continuously fires the injectors (into a container) while I timed the event then measured the resulting amount of gas in the container, followed by a little math which is always a dangerous proposition when I'm involved.

What was the PSI that your test was run at? It makes a difference. My FI system runs at 42 psi so that's also the psi that I ran my injector flow rate test at.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote