Old December 27th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #1
Helmut
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Helmut

Motorcycle(s): used to have a BMW GS

Hi I'm Helmut from Germany and I'm new here

Hello,
You may wonder why someone from Germany registers. The answer is simple:
I used to go on the Sunday morning Ride in the seventies. If I close my eyes I can see most of the bikes, but I can't remember names. Here is a few:
Rick Rockey, Ron and Darlene Nelson, then there was Dentist and a guy by the name of Alex (All BMW's GS model).
In 1985 I returned to Germany after living in the US for 21 years. Since I had a little cash and a few credit cards I decided to ride to New York. It was Rick Rockey who had persuaded me to by the GS and who helped me to fix it up. Since I departed on a weekend, some of the guys came with me to the Sierras. From there I went North to the Canadian border, then south to Baja California. Then north again to Yellowstone and then south again and so on. I was on the road for 3 months. The dentist, who's name I cant remember came to New York later that year to buy my bike and ride it back to California.
Now here is why I registered: After looking at the slides I had taken, a lot of memories came back. If anyone who reads this remembers me or the guys I had mentioned, I would be very happy if you could sent me an Email.
Hope to hear from you
Helmut
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tour Gardasee-k.jpg (56.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Crovie.jpg (222.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Helmut.jpg (34.7 KB, 50 views)
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote