View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #28
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I've never been pregnant so I don't know how my ideas would change if I became pregnant. Things often turn out different in practice than what I simulate in my mind.

At present I think I probably wouldn't ride once I found out I was pregnant. Morally though I feel that it's completely down to the individual woman whether she does ride or not up until the point where the baby is able to survive outside of her womb. Before that point, the baby would almost be like a part of my own body and thus it's completely my own. After that point the baby could be considered a separate entity.

Like abortion, this topic is very complex and I'll probably change my mind many times as new information and ideas come to light. I don't think it's black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
On a related topic, and perhaps telling of my conservatism on this issue, my wife and I won't ride two up to this day. She's not pregnant (God, I hope not), but because of our young kids, we don't want to risk both of us hospitalized or worse in the case of accident with no one to care for them.
That sounds like a really smart decision.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote