View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #1
jtmx29
ninjette.org member

Name: Taylor

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R

Cornering Advice

Hey guys,

I recently got a Ninja 250 and my motorcycle permit. I have roughly 200 miles under my belt thus far.

My confidence has increased but I am making sure I ride within my ability. After each ride I try to reflect on how I was doing and what I could improve upon.

I have no problems using the clutch, taking corners at speed (counter steering), and maintaining proper riding position.

My question today stems from the more 90 degree turns coming off from a single/double lane road. I will be going along at say 40-45 MPH and when I get to the turn I slow down (not sure of the speed) but I always struggle with if I should lean hard and counter steer or if I should physically move the handle bars.

Does anyone have any advice on this. I did watch some of 'twist of the wrist,' but I would honestly like to see real world examples outside of the track.

Has anyone struggled with sharper turns coming off of a road with some speed?

ALSO, as a side note I am going to an MSF course in the middle of August. I have also been practicing low speed maneuvers in parking lots (figure 8s and such).

Thanks.
jtmx29 is offline   Reply With Quote