View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #29
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKim
It was inevitable that I found 250.org and was enthralled with the amount of technical info that site had amassed over the years on the little ninja. I immediately wanted to become a contributing member from the many years of motorcycles that I had, but soon learned it was set up like an old boy’s network and they were not afraid to tell you that you are were not welcome if you didn’t see things their way. In short, it was their way or the highway.
I have to tell you my 250.org story- soon after I bought my 2001, I found those guys and became a member. I contributed often, vainly thinking that an old fart's opinions might be worth something. Eventually I got into it with a mod (who shall remain nameless) who was posting some bull about how it was OK to let your chain rust, since it was an o-ring chain, and textile protection was as good as leather. This same individual was claiming to be a "certified" bike mechanic. I posted in disagreement, and added, perhaps a bit snarky but with humor, that there was one more reason to learn to work on your own bike. I actually posted an article by an authority about why chains, even o-ring chains, need to be lubed. Soon I get this PM full of foul language and even insulting my mother, telling me that I should only post things on "their" "forum" that 99% of the people there would agree with! I answered that he should look up the word "forum", sent copies of all of the messages to the owner of the site, and deleted myself as a user. I did get an answer saying basically "boys will be boys", and a promise to talk to the oaf. But the last time I looked, he was still a mod there, so I guess he still chases people away.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote