View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #36
zail
ninjette.org member

Name: zail

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Kkim and Alex - thanks to you both for making this such a great forum - and the other people who post here too - without the input of a community a forum is nowt

Having had the previous gen 250 (called the GPX in the UK) I had lurked around the 250.org site and although there is a lot of knowledge on there I soon found out the same as you - and was put off posting by the way a lot of newbies were put down by the regulars. When I got my 08 I found another 250 forum - but it wasn't too well used and seemed to be full of young lads who liked showing off and talking themselves up...

Then one day ninjette randomly showed up on google when I was searching for exhaust options.. I read a few posts, saw how much info was contained in the great DIYs (I've got a couple of mods to do to my bike coming up and might even manage to make one myself!), how supportive and generally lovely everyone was and signed up! I'm glad I did because I'm pleased to be part of this community - although I may be more of a lurker than a poster most of the time, I do try and make a contribution to stuff when I have something to say.. I'm still looking for the rare UK ninja 250 rider to invite (one that meets your criterea Kkim)- only 300 were imported and sold in 2008, a similar number this year I think so it's a small pool to fish in! But when I find them I will be sure to issue an invite

Thanks everyone