View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #45
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Maybe not electric for the introductory model. Like I suggested in my first post, they already have a huge obstacle just getting this thing to market for around the price they've suggested and getting similar economy to what they've promised.

As a certain other electric based thread has suggested, there's some common (and convincing) misconceptions and inconveniences associated with electric vehicles right now. These include range, performance, charging, initial cost etc etc.

I think Elio is going to have enough challenges bringing this trike to market as promised, why throw electric into the mix for the first iteration? Maybe as a second model, electric could be feasible. As an entry to the market? I think electric would take this from a feasible second vehicle for suburbia or city-dwellers to a niche product with a big base of haters and I doubt they'd make it even close to their expected cost. Give it time and I'm right there with you; an electric driven Elio would be badass.

I personally would be thrilled if they could get this thing to market with 65 mpg highway, 50 city. IF (and that's a huge if) they can actually get the 85 like they're suggesting without making it unable to get out of its own way and overpriced, I'd be very impressed.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote