View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2018, 07:12 PM   #1
rottyfan
ninjette.org member

Name: Ney

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 1999 Aprilia RS50

Fire damaged 2006 Ninja 250

Here's the story: Previous owner was going out for a ride and started the bike in his garage and let it warm up. I think he left the choke on and went inside for a few minutes. Somehow, the front fairing caught on fire and the fire self extinguished when the radiator hose burst. This all happened in a matter of minutes. Being the knucklehead that I am, I think I can get this bike running again, but not without some help from more knowledgeable people.

This is what I know so far, the bike will not crank but all other electrical appear to work, turn signals, dash light, horn, etc.

This is where most of the damage occurred:

The two items circled are the oil pressure sensor and fan switch? You can see from the pic that those wires are trashed. How hard are they to replace? I think a new radiator and fan are going to be needed too.

I haven't taken the gas tank off yet, but the throttle and clutch cables are intact and working. That's my best assessment so far. Any advice on the fan switch and oil pressure sensor wire would be appreciated.
rottyfan is offline   Reply With Quote