View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2021, 02:13 PM   #1
jjmaine
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja 250, '16 Ninja 300

My DIY “Adjustable” clutch lever

Many that own a 300 feel that the clutch lever is too far away from the grip especially since it takes hardly any movement to activate the clutch.

I had installed short CRG levers but I actually prefer the feel of the oem levers believe it or not. Some just back off the clutch adjuster which allows you to get the lever closer to the grip but it creates a lot of slop in the lever which I did not like. I decided to drill and tap the lever to take a 4-40 stainless steel set screw which I can adjust to move the lever closer to the grip.

There is plenty of room in the stock clutch cable and doing this does not interfere with the clutch safety switch that I can tell. I tested it before and after and it works the same.

If you wanted to do this but dont want to tap it for threads you could just drill a hole and epoxy/glue in a piece of rod longer than you need and then just keep grinding it off and test fitting until the lever sits where you like it. It does not need to be that strong as it just acts as a stop and keeps the lever from flopping in the wind lol. I sanded down the bump on the lever but it was not necessary. Also drilled and tapped for two screws but one on the top worked just fine. Not bad for $0.52😃
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C3231DE-A0FF-4C8A-BF27-9297277939D5.jpg (109.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg CA986B37-B62E-4E1E-BBDE-007E29C58123.jpg (97.6 KB, 15 views)
jjmaine is offline   Reply With Quote