View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2023, 09:55 AM   #5
jk3099
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Thanks for all y'all's help! I greatly appreciate it

I didn't notice any black smoke, but that's very possible since I was testing it at night and wasn't looking out for it. I did smell and thought I saw a little smoke for a second, though.

I'm pretty sure the carbs are good! @ducatiman's work was fantastic; the immediacy and reoccurrence of the issue make me think that it wasn't the carbs (maybe a setting issue?) or the gas tank (I double-checked that, too, and it looked good; maybe one or two specks of flash rust that were caught in the in-line filters) and is probably something else wrong with the bike. The petcock is very likely.

Will do on examining the battery! I'll charge it before I try starting it up again.

I'm probably going to have to do a valve adjustment. The bike's at about 10,100 miles. Considering how the last owners maintained the bike (the tires are 10 years old, which I'll have to change once I get it running), I highly doubt it's been done.

Could the air filter be an issue? That's the only thing I can think of to check other than the valves.
jk3099 is offline   Reply With Quote