Old May 30th, 2023, 05:14 AM   #22
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan151 View Post
The bike was completely untouched when I bought it, factory paint markings on screws and bolts still. The thought of drilled jets did cross my mind when the carburetors were disassembled. Although I did not measure them, the factory stamped jets were in new condition with no evidence that they had been tampered with.

I thoroughly inspected the diaphragms when removed and found no defects or damage. No vacuum tube/line leaks were evident following a spray down with carburetor cleaner.

Stepping down a size in the pilot and main jets may be the next likely step in troubleshooting as I'm confident the carburetors are completely clean at this point. It just baffles me that a 100% stock bike with only 400 miles could potentially need to be rejetted.
How, unless you measured, could you be absolutely sure of this?
Also suggest all brand new "consumables" (orings, float valves) and a full treatment to the float valve seats, followed by setting fuel levels based upon actual wet testing using a gravity fed fuel source, letting them set for 60 minutes to assure floats are fully sealing.

Best o' luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6test.jpg (107.8 KB, 3 views)
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote