View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #69
gamma500
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Got the 8 pin connector and made the harness adaptor...sidestand mod per Sam and started up on the first kick. Haven't driven the bike that much before this was done so can't say that I noticed a lot of difference. Certainly ran well and a bit more responsive in the midrange with the 1 washer added. I needle nose crimped the proximal clips and soldered the distal clip and pinched them...forgot to put the yellow seperator in before inserting the pins but didn't want to screw them all up by trying to remove them with my homemade pin remover which has worked just fine in the past.

Braided front brake line and EBC HH pads should arrive Monday, flushed the rear brake with new fluid. Got a Manta tank bag to carry my work stuff and will try some commuting if the afternoon thunder showers out here let up as Fall approaches. Probably will leave the rest alone..have enjoyed the aftermarket exhaust/jet kit on former rides but the time and trouble/$$$$ doesn't seem worth it for me with this little Buzzer. Might go for the 15 tooth front sprocket to cut highway rpms a tad and adjustable lever (brake) so I can 2 finger without pinching my handle bar remaining three as I blip the throttle.

DJD in shoulders from a Thruway get off quite a few years ago and a few off track excursions would make clip-ons and rearsets torture unless I set up an Alleve IV drip !

Thanks for the great pictures and data needed to do the "advanced timing curve" mod

Amazing how the stock well nuts rot so quickly.

Found a place on line, www.clipsandfasteners.com , where I ordered #25 10-32 Well nuts for 3/8" holes for $9.99 + $3.90 shipping. They say these match the 5mm x 1.0 pitch but ain't so..a quick run through with a tap, easy with the bronze nut, made them perfectly usable and for a good price.

Cheers
gamma500 is offline   Reply With Quote