View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #23
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
Though It's completely STUPID and ignorant to come to a complete stop on a busy highway for ducks. By the time you can spot a stopped vehicle in front of you doing 120, you're reaction and brake time are almost too short to do any evasion manoeuver. RIP.
It's totally stupid to come to a complete stop on a freeway...but at the same time I kinda question why the motorcyclists couldn't stop on time. It's hard to tell with so little information exactly what happened...but that's beside the point. The first time I went to Montreal, some idiot put a stop sign ON THE FREEWAY because of construction. I had never seen that before and we had almost missed the sign. So....ya....while it may 'technically' be illegal for people to stop on Quebec highways, I have to say that based on my experience as a tourist and as a Consultant, Quebecers tend to circumvent the law frequently .

Quebec drivers are nuts too, but that's another issue. RIP to the riders. And a pox to those damn ducks!

Edit: also, I agree that you shouldn't stop for an animal unless it's larger than your vehicle....but this isn't really taught so I'm hesitant to blame people on not being able to react properly to a situation that they may or may not have been adequately prepared for.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote