View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2018, 01:29 PM   #14
Runeknight95
ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): 08 cbr1000rr, 2008 + 2012 ninja 250, 06 zx6r (636!) track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
My guess is either carb/jets are not completely clean or the diaphragms are damaged.

Did you remove the caps over the idle mixture screws and check the passages and o-rings, then set the screws to 2.5 turns out?

"Carb cleaning" is a very general term, and means different things to different people. Complete disassembly and cleaning of all jets and passages can often take more than simple tools and a can of carb cleaner.
Did not mess with idle screws, all seems ok now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I get about 2.0-hrs of full-thottle track time out of 3.5-gallons of fuel in tank. You can figure out drain-rate from tank with those numbers. I bet your petcock is flowing more than that by significant amount.

Yup, most likely fuel flow inside the carbs is problem (clogs or damage). I'll dig up photos of secret passages and disassembly photos when I get to a desktop.

Carbs aren't completely clean. Search here and you'll find that even experienced DIY guys who rebuilds engines on their kitchen tables with both arms tied behind their back, have had to tear their carbs apart 4 times before they got them clean enough.

EDIT: check out this thread for photos of where to clean https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=317977

Most likely if you didn’t do following, carbs really aren’t as clean as factory new condition:

- soak in heavy-duty industrial chemicals (not spray carb-cleaner)
- hot ultrasonic bath
- flossed all hidden passages with wire/string
- soda blasted all orifices and circuits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
There's a guy on these forums (unfortunately I can't remember his username) who provides carb cleaning services and gets rave reviews for his work. Hopefully someone will know who I'm talking about and ping his name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
@ducatiman (Gordon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Check out a small sampling of ducatiman-Gordon's work here with before & after pictures:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...6815&p=1170700

Lots of other threads & posts detailing his meticulous work.

Thanks all, it seems the bike is good to go. I pulled the carbs again, cleaned them every port/hole with carb cleaner and compressed air, cleaned jet needles etc.
I also cleaned the fuel filter which had some nasty stuff in it.

I was able to open full throttle and had power , could only do 40 mph in parking lot it was raining will test again tomorrow but I think shes good to go! Thank you guys!!

Fuel filter.jpg
Runeknight95 is offline   Reply With Quote