View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2021, 06:05 AM   #17
memphisninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Spencer

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250 and Suzuki Burgman 400. Previously owned: 78 KZ650, 80 KZ440, 03 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHorse View Post
Looking for a new set of tires for a the 95 250. I used the search function and only came up with tire suggestions / info that's over a year old.

Looking for tires that are stock sizes. Preferably not bias ply. I'm not concerned with wear but need a tire that works well for canyon carving. I run battlax S21's on my GSXR and love the way they hold in corners. I've been searching all the usual sites and am having a hard time finding something.

Front Tire: 100/80-16
Rear Tire: 130/80-16

Not interested in changing the swing arm, wheels, etc. my 95 is bone stock with 2300 original miles and about as flawless as you can get. Anything new out this year you are running? I see lots of 16" wheel tires that are listed as "scooter" tires. Anyone ever tried them?
I know I suggested the City Grip 2's, which I think is a great overall tire and I still recommend them... But

I re-read this again, and saw how you mentioned you like the Battlax series... Well, it looks like Bridgestone came out with a performance scooter tire call the Bridgestone SC! I'd love for you to get a pair and let me know how they work out! They look good and so does the price!
https://www.bridgestone.com/products.../detail/pr036/

Or a third option, is the Pirelli MT75's. I have owned the Pirelli tires before, and while the grip is outstanding, they only lasted 3,500 miles before having to get a new front and rear (ran through 2 rears in 3,500 miles). So I would say they are WAY to soft. Also, I did experience overheating and sliding, if the tire was kept at high speeds (85-100 mph in high speed sweepers, for 2 hours straight) it starts to get a little greasy, but if i drop my speed for a few minutes, and ease of the corners, they cool back down within a few minutes.
memphisninja is offline   Reply With Quote