View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Strange Carb issue

There seems to be a rash of carb problems posted here as of late. I will add mine to the mix.

My carbed 250 suddenly stopped letting me start it. After checking the valves, spark and other things, I have concluded that its most likely the carb. So I swapped the carb with the one that used to be in the EFI bike. It was running perfectly when I took it out and drained it. The carbed bike now started but had some issues. Later, at a store, it started acting really bad, was hard starting and stuttered a lot at lower speeds.

Today, I cleaned the original carbs and swapped them back for the EFI bike's carbs. It had moderate constriction in the jets both main and pilot.

The bike started and revved easily. So I took it for a ride and found that it seems like its running on one cylinder above 50 mph. Its dramatic. I hit fifty and there is virtually no power for acceleration. Once it drops below 50, I can feel the cylinder "switch" back on.

There is a fuel filter going into both carbs and they don't seem like they are clogged.

Any ideas what can be causing these bizarre symptoms? @choneofakind, @Motofool, @alex.s